Saturday, July 23, 2016

GAIL HAYWOOD LEBENICK 1938-2013 LIFE STORY

Find a Grave Memorial for Gail Haywood Lebenick 1938-2013


Gail at 50th Reunion in 2006
Gail and her husband Frank Lebenick

Gail and Frank

Gail and Edie



 Gail Lebenick,
74 yrs old of Pittsfiled, NY,

Passed away on July 1st, 2013 at her home.

Gail was born on January 23, 1938 in Brooklyn, NY the daughter of Lawrence & Marie Ann (Hoffman) Haywood. Her childhood was spent in the Brooklyn, Worcester and New Berlin NY areas. She was a graduate of New Berlin Central School and SUNY Oneonta. She worked as a teacher for children with special needs in Florida and loved to garden.

On March 30, 2003 she married Frank Lebenick in Norwich NY. He survives her.

She is also survived by one son; Edward Caple of Tampa, FL and one daughter, Laura Caple as well as a brother; Glen Haywood and sister; Joyce Holcomb, both of Fl, one aunt; Maureen Hoffman and one cousin; Mary Hanson. She was predeceased by one sister; Joan MacIntyre.

Calling hours will be held on Friday, July 5, 2013 2:00-4:00 and 7:00-9:00 PM at the Dakin Funeral Home LP, New Berlin, NY. The funeral service will be held on Saturday, July 6, 2013 11:00AM with the Reverend Jeff McLallen officiating, also at the funeral home.

The interment will be held in the Fairview Cemetery, New Berlin, NY.

Memorial donations may be made to the New Berlin Rail Road Society.

I'm sure her son wouldn't mind my adding his very nice note to her biography:

My mom was just not happy, unless she was helping others. Always looked for something positive to say about someone, or did not say anything at all. She loved life, and was not ready for this. Her last long trip was coming down to help her son(me) with my serious health problems. I wish I could have done more to help her. I am not there because of my serious health problems, and stress disorder. Not because I do not care, but because I care too much, and can not travel. I feel like I have a vice around me, and my greatest strength is gone. Just knowing my mom was out there; was a huge corner-stone in my life. I always knew there was someone who would be at my side, if I fell. She was the one who woke me to feed baby birds at night, that fell from a tree in the yard, kept me in school; and in some ways saved me from myself. I am home alone fighting through this with a stress disorder; and want to assure everyone that I feel this deep part of me carved away, like everyone else. This is very very hard for me as well. She was my only mom. I wish I had treated her a little better, shared a little more. Thank you! to everyone who came to pay respect; and especially all those who tried and helped her. I really do appreciate your efforts; and know she would to.
Edward Caple
Tampa, FL

Published on the Dakin Funeral Home Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment